As a member of the Duke community, I affirm that our shared values underscore the behaviors that we expect of ourselves and one another. We are, more than ever before, individually and collectively responsible for the health and safety of our fellow students, faculty, staff, families and neighbors.
I acknowledge the trust that others are placing in me, affirm the respect I have for all members of our community, and promise to honor my commitment to them through the decisions I make and the actions I take, whether I am on campus, at home or in my neighborhood.
I recognize that Duke is committed to sustaining a safe and healthy campus, and seeks to minimize the risk to our students, faculty, staff and others who are present on our campus. And in return, I commit to do my part by caring for myself and the community.
To comply with requirements from Duke University, and state and local authorities, I will:
- Wear a mask or face covering in all public spaces.
- Maintain appropriate physical distance.
- Wash my hands often.
- Monitor and report my symptoms through the SymMon app, or approved alternatives, before coming to campus.
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Stay home when I feel ill.
- Know and follow safety plans and additional guidance that are specific to my group, workplace or activity.
- Keep confidential all health information I know or learn about others.
To protect myself and the people around me, I will:
- Participate in required COVID-19 testing, contact tracing and health monitoring.
- If instructed, self-isolate for the required duration.
- Get the flu shot and other required vaccinations by designated deadlines.
- Adhere to all travel conditions and restrictions.
- Consent to the use of institutional data to identify others who have been in proximity or close contact.
- Accept the benefits and consequences for the conditions of this compact.
- Speak up to share suggestions or concerns by calling 800.826.8109 or completing an online form.
I have chosen to be a member of the Duke community for a purpose – to learn, to live, to teach, to work – and I affirm that the Duke Compact connects us all. By agreeing to this Duke Compact, I pledge to be personally responsible and accountable. By signing my name to this pledge, I acknowledge that these are the conditions for being on campus. To be at Duke is to be united for each other.